Our COVID-19 Precautions for Patients
Self-Assess for Symptoms:
- Please take the BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool prior to each of your appointments: https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en.
- Please stay home if you are experiencing any cold, flu or COVID-19-like symptoms, even mild ones. If you are seeing physiotherapy, we’d be happy to do telerehab until you are better.
- All patients must conduct a health screening questionnaire upon arrival to the clinic. If you do not meet the pre-screening criteria upon physical presentation at the clinic, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- If an appointment needs to be rescheduled, cancellation fees will be waived.
- We apologize if we are operating short-staffed, or your appointments are rescheduled by us. Our therapists and staff are following the same procedures.
- All clutter, such as magazines and business cards, has been removed from the reception area.
- There are plexiglass barriers at reception to protect our administrative staff.
- Therapist schedules are staggered, when possible, to reduce traffic.
- Patients must come unaccompanied unless they require a parent/guardian, translator, or child to attend. All such companions will also be screened and must follow our COVID-19 procedures.
- Our waiting room is closed for patients unless absolutely necessary. When you arrive, please wait in your vehicle, in the downstairs lobby, or outside the building. We will call you when it’s time for your appointment. Please have your cell phone handy and ensure we have your number!
- Therapists do not share treatment rooms during their shifts, and only see one patient at a time.
- Therapist and staff breaks are staggered to minimize incidental contact.
- Patients cannot use the gym equipment before or after appointments.
- When you enter our clinic you will be directed to wash your hands. You can wash with soap in the public washrooms or with hand sanitizer in our clinic.
- As always, therapists wash hands before and after each appointment.
- Tap limit increased to $250 for Visa and MasterCard.
- We are encouraging all patients to have their receipts e-mailed, rather than printed.
- If patients require water, disposable paper cups are available.
- For physiotherapy patients, please bring any exercise bands/tubing your therapist has provided you. We will not be sharing bands/tubing in the gym.
- We are unable to offer heat during our physiotherapy treatments. Please heat at home after your appointment.
- We have implemented enhanced cleaning procedures as per the BC Centre for Disease Control.
- All high-touch surfaces are cleaned between every patient (i.e. Beds, pillows, chairs, payment pin-pad, hand sanitizer pump, pens, clipboards, gym equipment, electro-modalities, etc.).
- Additional hourly cleaning includes the transaction top, all door handles, and faucet handles.
- Therapists will be sanitizing their own rooms between patients and applying freshly laundered linens.
- Extra time has been allotted between patients for proper room/gym cleaning and sanitization.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- Physiotherapists: Masks and gloves will be worn. Additional PPE may be worn based on patient and/or therapist comfort. This additional PPE may include eye protection, face shields, and/or gowns.
- Massage therapists: Masks will be worn outside treatment rooms. However, masks are optional in treatment rooms based on a joint decision between therapist and patient after weighing the risks vs benefits. Additional PPE may be worn based on patient and/or therapist comfort. Additional PPE may include eye protection, face shields, gloves, and/or gowns.
- Patients: Patients must wear a mask upon arrival. We strongly suggest bringing your own. If you don’t have one, we will provide a clean, washable, surgical mask for you. We understand there are times when wearing a mask can interfere with treatment, especially during massage therapy. In these instances, you and your therapist will determine if/when the mask can be removed after weighing the risks vs benefits.
Telerehab Services Still Available!
- For patients not comfortable attending in-person sessions.
- For patients requiring home exercise progressions (i.e. ICBC active rehabilitation or WorkSafeBC return to work strengthening).
This new ‘normal’ may seem overwhelming, and even inconvenient. We understand. It’s been hard for us to wrap our head around all the new guidelines and requirements which have been placed on us and our patients. Remember, we are all in this together. Our objective is to ensure all patients, therapists, and employees remain healthy during this challenging time. Please be patient with us as we work through kinks and adapt our protocols over time. Thank you for your continued loyalty, understanding and cooperation.