If you’ve been in a car accident and need physiotherapy and/or massage therapy, we can help. ICBC has a program designed so you can access physiotherapy and massage therapy quickly.
There is often confusion as to how ICBC covers patients for physiotherapy and/or massage – especially if you haven’t required treatment from an accident before. Luckily we’ve treated nearly 1,000 ICBC patients over the past 8 years, so not only can we explain the ICBC process to you, we can also effectively treat the injuries you have sustained. In terms of how ICBC’s coverage works, keep these five things in mind:
- You are entitled to benefits whether you are at fault or not
- You do not need a Doctor’s referral (if the accident is recent and you have not had previous treatment)
- A portion of the physiotherapy and massage fee will be billed to ICBC directly by us. A smaller portion will be payable by you. You can contact your ICBC adjuster to determine how/when to get reimbursed for your portion
- ICBC will cover 20 physio and 12 massage sessions initially
- If you require further treatment, your therapist and Doctor will be able to request additional coverage
To get started give us a call. We’ll just need your claim number, accident date, and care card number. If you have lawyer representing you, we can liaise with them if requested.
For more information, visit the ICBC website.