There is often confusion as to how ICBC covers patients for physiotherapy and/or massage – especially if you haven’t required treatment from an accident before. Luckily we’ve treated nearly 1,000 ICBC patients over the past 8 years, so not only can we explain the ICBC process to you, we can also effectively treat the injuries you have sustained. In terms of how ICBC’s coverage works, keep these things in mind:
- As of April 1, 2019 ICBC changed the way they handle claims. While some things remained the same, quite a bit changed. ICBC has tried to summarize the changes here on their site.
- You are entitled to benefits whether you are at fault or not
- You do not need a Doctor’s referral (if the accident is recent and you have not had previous treatment)
- For the first 12 weeks after your accident date, ICBC will cover 25 physiotherapy and 12 massage therapy sessions
- If you require further treatment, your therapist and Doctor will be able to request additional coverage
- ICBC covers the entire cost of your physiotherapy treatments (which means no upfront cost to you!)
- ICBC covers the entire cost of each 30/45 minute massage therapy treatment
To get started give us a call. We’ll just need your claim number, accident date, and care card number. If you have lawyer representing you, we can liaise with them if requested.
For more information, visit the ICBC website.